- Voice lessons starting at age 4 to adult
- Piano lessons starting at age 3 to adult
- Group or private recorder lessons age 4 to adult
All lessons are 30 minutes. Ages 3-5 start with 15 minute lessons. Lessons are weekly. Advanced students should have 45-60 minute lessons.
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang but the best.
-Henry van Dyke
- Lessons may be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Missed lessons are forfeited.
- If you arrive late to a lesson, the time is forfeited.
- Students are expected to continue through the summer.
- Students who take breaks are subject to new tuition rates if they have increased and a new time.
- Tuition remains the rate you began for the duration of lessons.
- 47 lessons per year, 5 weeks off per year. (Spring, Summer, Fall, and 2 weeks in Winter.)
- Every month includes 2 hours of instruction, usually 4 weekly 30-minute lessons. December has 3 lessons.
- The teacher may ask a student to discontinue at the end of the month for any reason.
- Students must notify the teacher before the next month begins if they need to discontinue lessons.
- All parents should read Nurtured by Love, by Shinichi Suzuki.
- A parent of young children should attend lessons with the student to observe and continue support during practice at home.
- Siblings are welcome at lessons and should be involved in a quiet activity.
- No food or drinks other than water in the studio. (Nursing is fine and bottles for stationary babies are fine.)
- Arrive up to 5 minutes ahead unless previously arranged to observe the student before your lesson time.
- Come in quietly and remove shoes, do not ring the doorbell.
- Have a seat, no need to linger in the entry area.
- Bring binder and books every week.
- Turn off cell phone noises. Observe and enjoy the lesson, avoid being on your phone the entire time.
- You may video any part of the lesson for the purpose of aiding practice at home.
- Take phone calls out to the sidewalk.
- If the parent or student has a fever, stay home and reschedule. (If you believe you are past contagious but have a lingering cough or sinus issues, then that is fine to come.)
- Arrive 15 minutes early to set up cameras, use the restroom, get seated, and put the secret pal gifts under your seats.
- The order of the performers is not announced until the program goes live on the blog.
- For acoustic concerts, wait to applause until the piano performer has put their hands on their lap and the vocal performer has come out of character.
- Please do not whisper during any performance. The "s" carries and is extremely disturbing to the performer.
- Secret Pal exchange: give a compliment when you give the gift. Be gracious and say thank you about the compliment and the gift.
Piano lessons $160/month for 4 weekly 30-minute lessons.
Voice lessons $220/month for 4 weekly 30-minute lessons.
Drop-in rates available. Please email me.
- Tuition is due on the first lesson of each month.
- The preferred method of payment is Bill Pay, but Paypal, or Venmo is also accepted if you pay the fees for a service payment.
- Tuition is the same every month unless time is increased. Tuition pays for the same amount of time every month.
- Annual tuition is available at a decreased rate.
- No refunds.
- No transfers.
© Brigitte Doss-Johnson. Artwork images are paintings by Tomoe Doss.